Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

Baton Rouge Harley Davidson, just want to let everyone know BEWARE when buying from this Harley dealership. I was on a road trip pull in to Baton Rouge Harley Davidson notice a 2017 CVO limited on sale. My 2011 Ultra limited had over 100K. Joking around with the salesman about trading my bike. So, started the process of getting details on the new CVO. At this point I was working with the Finance guy. The Finance guy was going over the warrantys that are available. I had told him that the only warranty I was interested in was Extended service plan. But he kept on pushing the Appearance protection and Tire & Wheel. I had told him 3-times NO. He came back in the room told me they were going to give me Appearance protection and Tire & Wheel for FREE if I would give them a good recommendation. I said sure for FREE I would do that. But again, BEWARE nothing is for FREE. After signing all the papers that evening I notice a charge for Appearance protection and Tire & Wheel. When back to Baton Rouge Harley Davidson talked to Finance guy, he told me that he had to split the amount of the Extended service plan on the paperwork. So, I ask what is the cost for 84 months Extended service plan, He said about $3500 which seem high to me. Come to find out I could have gotten the Extended service plan for $2400, that price was after buying the bike. Normally if you buy the Extended service plan at the time of purchase the amount is less. After reviewing the sales paperwork, I was charged total of $4300 for all three warrantys. So, if you see a sale price on new motorcycle BEWARE they will pull the USED CAR sales tackiest by charging more for the warranty. Shame on me for believing in a Harley dealership that I was getting a fair deal.
Show

Sales tax fraud by Baton Rouge Harley Davidson

Update by user Oct 24, 2017

I did finely get a payment from Baton Rouge Harley Davidson yesterday for the amount of $460. They did short me $50 no explanation of why they didn't refund the full amount of $510.

Original review posted by user Oct 11, 2017

My problems continue with Baton Rouge Harley Davidson. I bought a 2017 CVO limited from BRHD in July.

The Sales tax charged to me was $2330.72. When it came time to license the motorcycle BRHD paid $1820.53 to the DMV in Utah, which was the correct about to pay. I call BRHD about the overcharge sales tax amount of $510.19. I was told by the Title clerk that the $510.19 would be refunded to the financial bank and applied to my loan.

Now it’s 3 months later and still don’t have the $510.19 applied to my loan. I checked with the bank, they have no record of any payment from BRHD. I called BRHD talked to the Accounting person. She told me it was paid in August.

So, I checked with the bank again still no payment. Called back the accounting person now tells me it was paid Sept 14th. Again, check with the bank still no payment. Tried to call back BRHD but now can’t get anyone to take my calls.

It was all *** about my refund. I guess because I don’t live in Baton Rouge, BRHD doesn’t have to give me a refund.

I have filed a complaint with BBB. Anyone else know what can be done to get my refund?

Reason of review: Sales tax fraud.

I didn't like: Finance department, Mangement, Title clerk, Accounting department.